Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Finally finished the Uglies

I finished the book yesterday and I think I would have liked it a lot better if I had been reading it instead of listening to it. Listening to it made it drag on forever while if I had been reading I could have skimmed a few things and finished a lot more quickly. I enjoyed the first half, but the second half I got really tired of her saying over and over how she had betrayed everyone and David must never know, etc. And then I was extremely annoyed to find out that the book ends without finishing the story. I spent 12 hours and now I have to read the next one to see what happens to everyone? No thank you. Can one of you who has read the sequels please just fill me in so I don't have to bother with any more?

Like I said, I bet I would have liked it better if I had read it, but listening to it got very annoying and way too long.

3 comments:

  1. *SPOILER ALERT* The sequels are more of the same stuff... getting into trouble and then nearly escaping disaster, over and over again. In Pretties Tally is living a Pretty life and her memory is hazy. She can't quite figure it out. She meets a dude named Zane and gets herself into the most popular clique in pretty town. Zane helps her to realize that there is something not quite right about being a pretty. After a bunch of wackiness ensues Tally finds out she was able to cure her brain just by thinking through the brain lesions. Which I thought was pretty cool. I won't comment on Specials, because Chris hasn't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what happens with her and David?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She stays with Zane in book number 2, but by the end of book number 3 she is back with David.

    ReplyDelete