I just finished My Life in France. I had a professor at BYU who used to say that every one's life is interesting if we dig in and find out about them. I agree and I love biographies. I was not disappointed with this one. I enjoyed hearing about her relationships and years living abroad. I enjoyed hearing about her political ideas and her views of our corrupt government (not much has changed.) The cooking was interesting, though not riveting for me.
Good book.
Funny side note: I listened to the book on tape and the reader spoke French very well. So well that when she would pronounce names of people and places, I couldn't understand her. I was laughing when I looked up Mastering the Art of French Cooking and saw that the author's name is Simone Beck. The whole time I was listening I imagined it spelled "Simka".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment