I loved this book. Compared to other young adult books I feel this one is above and beyond the others. The author pulled me in and had me loving all of the characters. Even smelly Haymitch. The story is awesome. I read the book within 24 hours I was so entranced with it and then had to get my hands on Catching Fire.
It was so crazy for me to read that the kids form groups with one another, knowing that they would eventually have to kill the people they teamed up with. I don’t know that I could do that, or kill anyone for that matter. What kind of people would put together the hunger games for the entertainment of others? I tried to draw parallels of this with our society and when watching The Biggest Loser on Tuesday realized the book and show are very similar! They compete for one winner, and they are all starving for food. Hehe. A lot of America, including me will watch every Tuesday night to see how their competition has gone and who is getting “killed off” that week. The Hunger Games is The Biggest Loser on steroids.
I wish the third book would come out already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment